Our hands are the most visible part of our bodies and the ultimate accessory. Hands take a lot of abuse in everyday activities and are constantly exposed to hot and cold climates. Hands are often roughly treated while washing clothes, dishes, scrubbing floors and working in the garden. We often have a tendency to neglect our hands, and do not take proper care to keep them looking young and groomed.
There are a few easy steps you can follow for keeping your hands soft and beautiful. Consider the following tips:
4. Use a wooden or metal cuticle pusher after a shower to keep your cuticles looking neat. Cuticles function as barriers against bacteria and fungus,
but they can often overgrow. Gently push the cuticles back, never cut your cuticles as it can result in hangnails which can be very painful.
5. Give nails breathing room. Experts suggest you take a one-week break from polish every month.
6. Exfoliate your hands once a week by using a solution of sea salt mixed with lemon juice.
Brush the paste into your hands with an old toothbrush to remove any dead skin cells.
7. Sun exposure damages skin so use sunscreen lotion on
hands before venturing outside.
9. For silky smooth hands apply petroleum jelly to hands and cover with cotton gloves while you sleep.
10. Improve circulation and loosen your finger joints with some hand exercise. Clench your fists tightly for a second and them throw them open so that your fingers are spread as wide as possible. Steadily repeat this 10 times.