Because of the war in Afghanistan have released secret documents embarrassing the United States has a new Web site WikiLeaks action, the site in the United States announced the 22 local time, nearly 4 million U.S. in the Iraq war file, the disclosure of the U.S. war in Iraq in 6 years during the confidential documents. A London-based The Bureau of Investigative Journalism of these 40 million provided by the leaked documents were made to the detailed investigation and report, reveals the United States since 2003 since the start of the Iraq war began, including the occurrence of torture, abuse and indiscriminate killing of civilians, and so insider, U.S. military and is named by the U.S. government did not take proper measures to prevent this.
The U.S. military secrets being released documents show that U.S. senior Iraqi Shiite militants in the Sunni case of abuse of prisoners, but did not take any action. According to “News Investigation Bureau’s” statistics, the war was leaked U.S. secrets revealed 1365 cases of log sensational means torture and ill-treatment, for example, the U.S. military in 2006 recorded a scene of torture of prisoners subjected to two months: ” He was suspended from the ceiling, his hands tied behind their backs; his back legs have to be blunt, after (water) attacks the Western blot, left leg still drill holes. ” The other will record the show to the Iraqi authorities at the trial attempted to use the fingernail torture of prisoners stripped.
These times have been reported within the U.S. military, but most of the information, but after it reported no effect, the relevant information, the U.S. military to its instructions, “the event without further investigation.”
Furthermore, logging of war, torture in the Iraqi security forces almost “routine”: prisons, army bases and police stations even have special rooms for the implementation of torture. In addition to these common torture, these confidential documents also revealed the extraordinary torture – sexual abuse, rape and sodomy and so on. U.S. October 19, 2006 in the log to record with such cases ever, “prisoners were blindfolded, legs and feet are subject to blunt blow to the head and face were beaten. His feet and crotch are subjected to electric shocks, was also carried out with a bottle interrogators sexual abuse “, also in Baghdad in the same case in another case, a man who was the trial of sexual abuse carried out with a hose.
Obama insists on disregarding personal safety of prisoners handed over to Iraqi government
“News Investigation Bureau’s” pointed out that the Obama administration frequency of detention centers in Iraq torture completely informed, still disregard the safety of prisoners committed to the Iraqi authorities insisted on its. “News Investigation Bureau’s” in the data, wrote that the United Nations and many human rights organizations have warned Washington that Iraq torture incidents in the proliferation of places of detention, the U.S. Government still insisted the prisoners transferred to Iraqi authorities. And in July 2010 all 9250 all prisoners transferred to Iraqi authorities.
More than 600 civilians have been killed in Iraq
In addition, the U.S. military’s war log records show that from 2004 to 2009 during the war, numerous Iraqi civilians were killed. According to the logging of war in Iraq and the coalition forces and border crossing-related conflict, there were 13,963 casualties, of which “the majority without serious consequences, and in the event of conflict, mostly Iraqi civilians are being killed.”
According to Bureau of Statistics special investigative journalism, a total of more than 680 Iraqi civilians were killed in similar incidents, including at least 30 children.
U.S. helicopter shot of the soldiers had surrendered, the Suez
The document also revealed the number of U.S. troops opened fire on the enemy had surrendered to the case. According to the U.S. logging, February 2007, a communication code-named “Crazyhorse” control of a number of U.S. military helicopters had attacked coalition forces in Iraq insurgents attack to the latter, these rebels Table IV they want to surrender, U.S. military helicopters will be followed immediately report this information to higher commanders. However, the higher the response given is rude: “Crazyhorse expand attacks … …” the U.S. military lawyer, said, “they can not surrender to the aircraft.”
Our conversation with residents of Kot Addu,- brought out that they were highly displeased at the way flood conditions were handled. According to them, the breach of embankment named Abbasid Bund at left bank (East) of River Indus was unprecedented. Historically, it was always the right bank (West) of River Indus at Taunsa Barrage that was inundated at the time of severe floods. The right bank areas on the side of Dera Ghazi Khan (DG Khan) district are less populated and hence flooding on that bank causes much less damage. During the floods this year, the West bank areas were instead flooded. These areas, including Kot Addu, are naturally low lying areas with a very large population. As a result, the damage was magnified to enormous proportions. Our hosts claimed that it was the powerful Khosa family of DG Khan which used its influence to protect their farm lands on the right bank side of River Indus. Hunjra, another political family of that area that owns farm lands and game ranches on the right bank side, was also pointed out for using political influence to protect their property and as a result inundating areas with large population. The residents pointed out that the affected areas come under the constituency of a PPP MNA and according to them, the provincial government of Punjab deliberately damaged the areas. Our hosts also pointed out strange management of Taunsa barrage at the time of flood where the barrage gates were shut down (instead of being opened) when large volume of flood water was to pass through the barrage.
The local residents also complained about the high handedness of the authorities when dealing with the demands of local population. Since the flood in River Indus had receded to an extent, the water, that submerged a large area, had started draining out through the breached embankment but instead of waiting for the water to drain out, the authorities started filling the breach. As a result, the large submerged areas may remain under water for months since there is no natural drainage for the water and sunlight cannot evaporate it. According to our hosts, when the local residents protested against this strategy, the Army officer in charge of the operation, threatened that he will order shooting of anybody who tried to interfere with his work.
People were also worried about the future prospects of agriculture in that area. The sowing season for wheat was about to start from September 15 (the optimum time will end in mid November) but a lot of areas were under water which does not seem to recede while wheat requires dry land to be sown. Late sowing of wheat from mid November to mid January is also possible but it provides low yield and requires relatively large effort and input.
Siobahn Sullivan submitted her resignation letter to Secretary of Safety and Homeland Security Lewis Schiliro on Friday, saying she was resigning effective immediately as director of the Division of Alcohol and Tobacco Enforcement.
Sullivan was stopped for speeding early Thursday on Route 1 near Lewes and subsequently charged with drunken driving. The 45-year-old Sullivan was released pending arraignment, which is scheduled for Oct. 22., and had been placed on administrative leave with pay.
Sullivan is a retired state police sergeant and was the commander of the executive protection unit assigned to former Gov. Ruth Ann Minner.
(© Copyright 2010 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Galding.com reviews what seems to be a great product for business travelers or for those who simply want to rid themselves of miscellaneous documents yet make sure they account for each one – digitally.
NeatReceipts is a package consisting of a compact scanner, a cleaning kit and software. It incorporates some sort of OCR (optical character reader) so that it can recognize and file every single receipt without any problem.
To read more about the Galding Review, click here.
Catharine Smith and Bianca Bosker of The Huffington Post published a slideshow of the 31 most innovative start-ups as visionary technology pioneers of 2011 by the World Economic Forum, selected from over 300 nominations in more than 12 countries. Here’s a rundown of their list with descriptions coming from the respective sites’ narrative or source-article.
1. Foursquare is a mobile application that makes cities easier to use and more interesting to explore. It is a friend-finder, a social city guide and a game that challenges users to experience new things, and rewards them for doing so.
2. Novacem has developed a carbon negative cement where more CO2 is absorbed during production than it emitted. Novacem’s long term goal is widespread global adoption of its cement, significantly reducing cement as a source of CO2 emissions.
3. Layar shows what is around you by displaying real time digital information on top of the real world as seen through the camera of your mobile phone. It works by using a combination of the mobile phone’s camera, compass and GPS data to identify the user’s location and field of view, retrieve data based on those geographical coordinates, and overlay that data over the camera view.
4. Scribd is the largest social publishing and reading site in the world on the web and mobile devices. With it, you can easily turn any file — such as PDF, Word and PowerPoint — into a web document and immediately connect with passionate readers and information-seekers through connected sites such as Facebook or Twitter and search engines such as Google.
5. A pioneer in developing and implementing next-generation lighting solutions, Digital Lumens is combining LEDs, networking and software into a single, integrated system. Its next-generation, LED-based lighting systems deliver 100% of the light for 10% of the energy cost, reducing customers’ lighting-related energy use by up to 90 percent.
6. Aster Data created the first massive parallel procession (MPP) data warehouse architecture that allows applications to be fully embedded within the database engine to enable ultra-fast, deep analysis of massive data sets. Companies using Aster Data include Coremetrics, MySpace, comScore, Akamai, Full Tilt Poker, and ShareThis.
7. Adimab’s integrated antibody discovery and optimization platform provides unprecedented speed from antigen to purified, full-length human IgGs. It enables its partners to rapidly expand their biologics pipelines through a broad spectrum of technology access arrangements.
8. Ecovative is working with nature to replace unsustainable plastics and foams with natural composites. Using innovative new materials and radical new technologies, its EcoCradle™ protective packaging and Greensulate™ insulation perform at least as well as current state-of-the-art synthetics, but at a lower cost to everyone and the environment.
9. Atlassian is an Australian company that makes software development and collaboration tools which helps teams deliver products faster, from concept to launch. Its products are free to try, our pricing is published online, and you can buy directly from our website or through one of our many partners.
10. Ion Torrent has pioneered an entirely new approach to sequencing by marrying simple chemistry to incredibly powerful, proven semiconductor technology. The result is a sequencing system that is simpler, faster, more cost effective and scalable than any other technology available – all based on a well-characterized biochemical process with no proprietary chemistries or optics.
11. Ferrate Treatment Technologies was founded to invent, develop, and commercialize innovative water and wastewater treatment technologies based on its proprietary iron chemistry platform. Its synthesis process and reactor system allows it to manufacture “Ferrate” on site.
12. Medicine in Need or MEND applies emerging and advanced delivery and manufacturing technologies to drug and vaccine candidates for diseases of poverty. MEND believes that the best solutions to the global challenge come from broad and transparent collaboration amongst very diverse groups, including the substantial inclusion of emerging research and capabilities in the developing world.
13. Flexoresearch Group Company Limited was founded in 2007, starting as a technology entrepreneur incubatee of the Thailand Science Park incubator programme, with a vision to become a leading innovative, research and development company, serving Thai pulp, paper, printing and packaging industries. See article.
14. GetJar is the world’s second largest app store with over 1 billion downloads to date, second only to the Apple App Store. Its open market approach allows GetJar to deliver applications for both feature phones and smartphones across all major platforms such as Android, BlackBerry, Windows Mobile, iPhone and Symbian among others.
15. Molecular Partners established a robust platform to discover and develop DARPin-based medicines. Drug candidates targeting indications in ophthalmology, inflammation and oncology are being developed by Molecular Partners, with a lead DARPin in clinical Phase I/IIa.
16. Knewton is developing the industry’s most powerful adaptive learning engine, customizing educational content to meet the needs of each student. Whereas traditional classrooms and textbooks provide the same material to every student, Knewton will dynamically match lessons, videos, and practice problems to each student’s ideal learning arc.
17. Neuronetics, Inc. is a privately held medical device company focused on developing non-invasive therapies for psychiatric and neurological disorders using MRI-strength magnetic field pulses.
18. On-Ramp has developed the first wireless system purpose-built to efficiently connect billions of hard-to-reach devices in metro scale and other challenging environments. Operating in unlicensed spectrum, its innovative signal processing technology finds weak signals even in high noise environments, resulting in extreme coverage, high levels of immunity to interference, and a significantly lower cost to deploy and operate a system.
19. OPOWER is an energy efficiency and Smart Grid software company that helps utilities meet their efficiency goals through effective customer engagement. Using cutting edge behavioral science and patent-pending data analytics, the OPOWER platform enables utilities to connect with their customers in a highly targeted fashion, motivating reductions in energy use, increased program participation and overall customer satisfaction.
20. NetQin Mobile Inc. or “NetQin” is a global leader in mobile security services – holding 64.8% of the Chinese mobile security market share. delivers proven mobile security solutions based on the cloud-computing model, including anti-virus, anti-malware, anti-spam, privacy protection, data backup and recovery, as well as data management – to more than 55 million users in more than 200 countries and regions worldwide – to protect them against mobile security threats which will result in financial loss and privacy compromise.
21. Ostara has developed a new generation of wastewater treatment systems – a nutrient recovery solution that creates value from waste by recovering nutrients from wastewater and transforming them into revenue-generating, environmentally-friendly commercial fertilizer.
22. Quintas Renewable Energy Solutions Ltd. is a Nigerian company where its energy generations sources come from Solar, Wind, Biomass, small Hydro-Turbines, depending on the appropriate renewable energy sources available in the environment of its clients. It uses the best engineering practices to harness, manage and distribute renewable energy at an affordable cost and with minimal negative impact on the environment.
23. ReputationDefender has grown to be the world’s first comprehensive online reputation management and privacy company. Its goals are to SEARCH out all information about you and your family throughout the Internet and present it to you in a clear, easy-to-understand fashion, provide DESTROY assistance, helping to remove, at your request, inaccurate, inappropriate, hurtful, and slanderous information about you and your family, and deliver CONTROL over how others are able to perceive you on the Internet.
24. TaKaDu provides a Software-as-a-Service solution for monitoring water distribution networks. TaKaDu gives the utility unprecedented control over network events in real time, using state-of-the-art statistical and mathematical algorithms.
25. Tendril is a leading energy management technology provider that provides energy management software, hardware and services for both consumers and utility companies. Its platform gives utilities and their customers the power to solve today’s energy challenges together, consisting of both utility and in-home products and applications.
26. SecondMarket is an online platform with a team of market specialists that helps buyers and sellers transact in illiquid, restricted and alternative assets. It’s free to sign up with more than 15,000 participants, including global financial institutions, hedge funds, private equity firms, corporations and high net worth individuals.
27. Dutch company Topell Energy has developed a cutting edge process for the production of high value solid bio-fuel from woody biomass. This process is generally known as torrefaction and the solid bio-fuel is usually referred to as torrefied biomass.
28. Spotify is a new way to listen to music – any track you like, any time you like – with 8 million tracks and counting. To listen to its live tracks, you need to download its program in your computer or your mobile phone.
29. Transonic is working tirelessly to help solve one of the world’s greatest issues: energy efficiency. It’s mission is to inject super fuel efficiency technology into global vehicle fleets that transform our energy foundation into a low carbon future.
30. Vortex has developed its innovative cash dispensing module that does not use any conveyor belt and hence is much less prone to cash jam problems and also consumes very little power. It is able to provide either the entire solution or only the ATM, based on the customer needs.
31. OpenDNS is the leading provider of free security and infrastructure services such as integrated Web content filtering, anti-phishing and DNS. It enables consumers and network administrators to secure their networks from online threats, reduce costs and enforce Internet-use policies
If Google gave up with it, why is Facebook coming with theirs? The wonders popular web portals does with extra cash.
In any case, Reuters reports this topic from Bloomberg that cited it from three unknow people “familiar with the matter.” Mediaspeak for “it may be true, y’know!” Facebook, they say, is working (not talking) with mobile phone maker INQ Mobile Ltd. to create two smartphones. They also say these phones may hook up with the networks of phone giant AT&T.
INQ Mobile is based in London and is backed by Hong Kong telecom firm Hutchison Whampoa Ltd.